How You Can Help: Recruit your favorite destination for our silent auction!
This post is the first of our “How You Can Help” blog series. One small act can make a world of difference for family caregivers.
Did you go on a vacation this summer? What did you do or visit that you would recommend to others? Joy’s House is looking for some fabulous travel packages for our upcoming silent and live auctions on October 5, and I encourage you to ask your hotel, rental company and favorite attractions to consider donating to our Gala.
Don’t be nervous! Many organizations will gladly give to charitable causes, and all that is needed is a simple ask. Especially if you are a satisfied customer or “frequent flyer” – you’ll find it’s easier to collect auction items than you think!
Here are a few suggestions on how to ask.
- Explain who you are and how you are connected to Joy’s House.
- Mention why you support the Joy’s House mission (and what we do).
- Suggest an item that the company or business may consider donating to the silent auction. You may also explain here if you are putting together a themed or regional-specific package and why this item would make the package fantastic.
- Leave or send our official donation letter and tax form found here.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 317-254-0828 with a heads up so we can help you follow up if needed.
- Give yourself a giant hug from us!
Thank you for being a part of the Joy’s House mission in this way. We appreciate you!