Each spring, Joy’s House hosts a flower sale that funds the Guest Scholarship program. This year’s event is presented by friends of Joy’s House, Kelle, Erin and Maria. These flowers are gorgeous year after year, and we encourage you to consider purchasing your flats, baskets and herbs from Joy’s House! Your flowers will help provide adult day services for families in need of financial support to keep their families together.
2014 Plant Descriptions
- Exclusive Joy’s House Planter – A terra cotta-color pot filled with a custom mix of white and yellow lantana, blitz yellow fusibbegonia and ivy . Does best in morning sun and filtered afternoon sun. A perfect Mother’s Day gift!
- Foliage Planter – A terra cotta-color pot with a mix of non-blooming foliage anchored by ornamental grass complemented with colorful foliage including coleus, vines and ivies. Best in partial shade.
- Geranium Planter and Pots – Planter and pots of sun-loving cutting-grown zonal geraniums. Does best in sun to part shade.
- Gerbera Daisies – Pots of gerbera daisies like full morning sun and filtered afternoon sun.
- Tomato Garden Container – Cherry, Grape and Yellow Pear tomato plants in a 10” clay pot. Best in full sun. Will need to either be transferred to a larger container (does not have to be separated) or planted in the ground 3 feet apart. If planted in the ground, plants should be separated.
- Lettuce Bowl – Red and Green Leaf Lettuces in a 12” bowl that will produce all summer. Best in full sun.
- Herb Bowl – Basil, Cilantro, Oregano and Parsley in a 12” bowl. Best in full sun.
- Kale - A four pack of flat leaf kale. Should be replanted for proper growth. Plant to bottom row of leaves and water immediately. Harvest the leaves from the outside in or from bottom to top.
Annual Bedding Flats (each flat has 48 plants):
- Begonia – The classic landscape plant. Tolerates sun or shade.
- Impatiens – A shade-loving classic that brings vibrant color to the garden.
- Madness Petunias – Your garden will be awash with color with these sun-loving classic petunias.
- Vinca – Similar to the impatiens, but sun-loving.
- Butterfly Bush – This perennial grows to a sizable bush with woody stems. Blooms attract swarms of butterflies. Prefers full sun.
- Echinacea (Purple Coneflower) – Long blooming purple coneflower daisies appear in mid-summer heat and endure through fall with coppery maroon centers. Prefers sun; 36” tall.
- Lavender – Beautiful fragrance from silvery/gray-green foliage. Produces blue or pink flowers. Prefers sun/partial shade; 18-24” tall.
- Leucanthemum (Shasta Daisy) – Traditional white daisy flowers with yellow eye over substantial green foliage. Long blooming season. Prefers sun/partial shade; 12-36” tall.
- Salvia (Meadow Sage) – May Night variety. 1997 Perennial of the Year. Dark purple flowers bloom all summer. Grows to 18” tall. Prefers sun/partial shade.
- Peonies – Stunning with a sweet fragrance, these prefer partial sun.
- Hosta – This classic, easy to grow, shade-loving perennial is known for its beautiful foliage. Guacamole Hosta has a gold center with dark green margin. June Hosta has light yellow-gold center with blue-green margin. Grows to 18” tall.
Here are just a few of our lovely flowers from 2014.
|Rose Geranium||Pink Vining Geranium||Salvia|
|Madness Petunias||Pink New Guinea Impatiens||Pink Gerbera Daisy|
|Blue Lobelia||Joy’s House Planter||Foliage Planter|
|Boston Fern||Guacamole Hosta*||June Hosta*|
*Please note, these photos are not our own.